From the Treetop: Rick Bonifas
By Rick Bonifas, Regional Manager
Our core values are the very compass that has guided our company’s great history and will continue to drive our successful future.
Our core values form the cornerstone on which we perform work and conduct ourselves. In an ever-changing world, core values are constant. The values bring meaning to how we interact with each other, and what strategies we engage to fulfill our mission. They are the practices we use every day in everything we do; they really are our company’s identity. They can never be compromised – either for convenience or short-term gain.
So how do we stay true to our core values while growing and evolving?
1. Stay true to our family roots. In 1933, John L. Wright founded Wright Tree Service, accompanied by his wife Harriet. The early years were extremely difficult, but in 1938, the business had grown enough for John to quit his part-time job and focus solely on the family business. So we pledge to keep family as our cornerstone!
2. Have clear communication. Articulate what the core values are and why they are the most important thing we can do as a company.
3. Recruit the right employees. Abiding firm to our core values will help us make better hiring decisions, hold our teams to higher standards, and work together more effectively toward the company goals.
4. Focus on employees. When employees see safety, integrity, quality, teamwork, innovation, and family at work, they get a clear vision of who we are and that gives them a reason for what they do.
5. Demonstrate and see our values at work in our employees. From my first day of employment back in March of 2005, up until today, I have personally seen these values at work in our employees. I have witnessed our “Brother’s and Sister’s Keeper” philosophy at work, the unfailing commitment for the safety of one another. I have seen our men and women working by the highest sense of honesty, moral and ethical standards. I have witnessed the professionalism and pride in the quality of work. Employees have challenged the status quo and come up with creative solutions. I have seen how we have come together as a family in difficult times. I have witnessed teamwork, comradery, selflessness, hard work, sacrifice and dedication to providing the highest level of quality and service that our customers have come to expect. This work ethic is contagious and will continue to challenge other employees to carry on these very core values.
These are the things we can hang our hats on at the end of each day and is the reason why we hold our heads high! These are the values that make me very proud to be a part of the Wright Tree Service family!